Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spare Bedroom Wallpaper Update








OK, now the spare room is not done yet - it will need new baseboard and crown moldings. The furniture needs to be moved in and pictures hung.
Curtains need tie backs and the white cotton IKEA rug will hit the floor just before a student renter moves in or otherwise it will fall victim to a spring hairball.
(seriously - all my throw rugs are off the floors right now during this season when the cats are shedding and coughing up the results of excessive grooming)

I hung the wallpaper this past weekend and as usual, it transformed the room.
The walls were a pretty butter yellow but alas, I felt the need to tie the room into the rest of the blue & white house color scheme.
I got the wallpaper for $11.20 per single roll from wallpapermore.com.
Its a pretty blue & white sprig-like floral pattern. I had some late nights getting it up and miscut/mismatched a few times but seriously, no one has noticed because the nature of the pattern hides any mistakes!

I'm very happy with it. The IKEA chambray curtains were $20 per pair and one panel is all I needed for each window. They came with tie backs which I will attach high on the trim so more curtain is held back to allow more light into the room.
I kept the Brylane Home lace panels in each window for added privacy and a feminine touch.

The bed is an IKEA platform bed in pine. (I painted it white)
It's a bit low to the ground but I found risers on sale for $9.99 at Burlington Coat Factory so the bed will rise to a normal height.
The comforter set (Ralph Lauren via TJ Maxx for $29.99) comes with a long bedskirt to hide the risers.

The bedside table was a Shabby Chic $30 buy off Amazon and the dresser with mirror is from Goodwill ($40/set); freshened up with a few coats of white paint.

My little helper's name is "Mini Me" and he's my shadow. He insists on going everywhere with me and getting right in there to help with what ever I'm doing.

Stay tuned for finish snaps - hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have the twin mattress from a friend's storage and framed images up.

No comments:

Post a Comment