Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dining on Blue & White

I use Carolyne Roehm's book "A Passion for Blue & White" as my bible for what I see as the best of the best when it comes to blue and white living.
I carry it with me almost every day to work and study images from it, during my breaks and lunch hours.
I totally love her sense of classic style.
I also am very attracted to the shade of blue she seems to love and use alot in her own homes.
I'd like to share some images of blue & white dining from her book.
Her collection of china seems unequaled by anything else I have seen in any book or on the web and she pairs each place setting with beautiful flowers!
In fact, she shows us that ANY flower, no matter the color or style, compliments all blue & white china.
I also love her bold linens in stripes, toiles or embroidery.
I, myself, collect blue & white china and have for years but I stick to white linens and just a few china patterns: (Royal Copenhagen's Blue Flowers Curved, Burleigh's Blue Calico and Arden, and Spode's Blue Italian). Perhaps I will branch out one of these days to boldly go where Carolyne Roehm's collection has gone!
If you love blue & white and haven't bought this book yet (its been out a few years!), then you are really missing out!
Enjoy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment