Monday, March 28, 2011

Custom Printed Fabric Update


I just received in the mail the custom printed fabric swatches I sent for! I couldn't be happier - the colors are right on with my digital file in Photoshop and the blues match the paints and other fabrics in my house.
The only thing I noticed was the pattern is slightly smaller in scale then my digital file - something to keep in mind!


The company is Spoonflower and you can click on to their website and upload your own digital designs for yardage in any of their many various fabrics. Just follow the file size requirements. An 8"x8" quilting cotton swatch costs $5 each with $1 shipping.

When I order the faded blue roses for my living room curtains, I will have the pattern put on the linen/cotton.


The other pattern is a fun Swedish folk floral I want to use for a table cloth, matching napkins and various simple slipcovers. Its a happy, cheery floral.

Another cool feature is if you order yardage, you can opt in to make the pattern you designed "public". Spoonflower offers it for sale per yard in their online shop and with each sale, the artist/designer gets a 10% commission.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been tempted to order something from spoonflower. I'm glad to know that it worked out so well. Btw, they look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked back to see when you first posted on this topic to see how long it took to get your sample...about 3 weeks? I love this idea! I love your fabric too! I am going to have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be ordering a yard of each today so they can become "public" and available to the public to buy yardage as well!
    I will be adding more to the collection soon - the blue roses will be offered in a petal pink and I'll have another Swedish floral pattern coming too!
    Isn't this exciting!? Let's see what we all can come up with!
    LilyOake

    ReplyDelete