Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Adding Color to My Living Room

I am a blue and white person through and through!
I usually add color to my rooms with flowers (whether fresh or faux) and accessories.
I know pillows are accessories too but I had always chosen blue and white pillows too, not wanting too much alternate color changing the mood of the beach blue rooms I was creating.
But now in a smaller home with white slip covered furniture, and a need to find homes/new uses for several pillows I pulled from my ETSY store stock, I decided to use them in my own living room.

I'm so glad I did!
They added a new life to the room and actually enhances the blue and white I already had going on.
Now I realize the full potential pillows can make in a room!
I think the burst of color through my floral pillows (even though my color ways are pastels) can bring a sense of romanticism to the room.

The pillows are in linen cotton canvas in the pattern ROSEWITHA on peony pink, aqua, or basil stripes.  Its a favorite look of mine, flowers with stripes.

I also experimented with one yard samples of other patterns, tossed over the back of a chair.
Harald Check in peony and Bridal Suite in buttercup.
Both lovely and possible choices for future slip covers!!







No comments:

Post a Comment