Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hutch details update




I have begun to paint the flowers on the side of the hutch topper. I went through many ideas before I hit on this one - a simple strip of flowers down the center in the same blue hue on the rest of the hutch (paint and wallpaper). It is partially filled in here - have only done detail work on a few of the flowers so far. This same strip of flowers will be on both sides. I used a cheap stencil from JoAnn Fabrics as inspiration - altered it until it fit the length and was detailed enough for my taste. I'll wash over it with RL's "Sunfade" when done, to tone down the bright ultramarine blues. I am using Windsor-Newton acrylic paint.
I will post more photos later when I get more done.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You have a great eye for detail. So many people are painting furniture. They paint it one color and that's it. You have gone so much further. I love it!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete