Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Petite Retreat



Built in 19th century Denmark, and now part of an open-air museum in Aarhus, Denmark, this teahouse is one of my most favorite examples of Gustavian design. I have been in love with this little treasure for years so I thought I'd share it with you.

It's a dream of mine to have something just like this in my own back yard some day!
From the melon-tinted walls which glow in the sunshine, to the muslin-swagged windows, painted table and chairs with brown striped cushions, the whole room speaks of elegance and sophistication!

I love the classic Royal Copenhagen "Blue Fluted" porcelain tea set on the table. I'm a big fan of RC china. I collect the "Blue Flowers Curved" pattern. Imagine yourself sitting here on a sunny day with a group of friends having afternoon tea with a lemon-glazed cake, or alone with a great book, listening to the rain on the pagoda-styled roof!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how pretty! What a nice addition to one's garden that would be. I wonder if I could keep my naughty kitties or the raccoons out.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete