Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sunny Swedish on a Gray Seattle Day!

If any one of you have ever spent a fall/winter in Seattle, you are aware of how dark it gets with all the cloud cover and drizzle that stays with us for months on end until spring!

Today I needed a bit of sunny Swedish style and decided to post these images I had in my file, collected over the years from various publications.  I pull them out now and then to get new inspiration and maybe help me along with a home project!
 A bright and cheerful bedroom with white painted furniture with Gustavian influence.  I love the use of yellow print fabric against the bright sky blue walls and checked chair next to the blue turned down sheets.  I would love to sleep in this room!
 A sunny Swedish dining room with white painted furniture upholstered in a delicate blue fabric.  The use of red as an accent makes the whole scene pop!
 A Swedish sideboard against a lovely paneled wall in the most delicate of pale blue-gray.
 A lovely corner desk set with tea and flowers.  The gold hardware adds glamor to a formal desk given new life with a coat of white paint!  The only think I would change is to paint the interior of the desk a medium gray-blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment