Saturday, September 13, 2014

Flowers for the Soul


This quote by Hans Christian Anderson, says it all:

"Just living is not enough...
one must have sunshine,
freedom,
and a little flower"

That's how I feel about interior design as well.
I adore floral prints, especially in soft shades of blue and white.
And I believe a home looks magical and romantic when adorned in flowers.

I have designed over 160 so far, and each new design becomes my new favorite!
I started out designing just for myself, to decorate my little Cape Cod cottage in colors and patterns I wanted, but couldnt find on the open market.

Now its become an obsession!

Here are a few photos I took recently of some of my fabrics I have had printed on the linen-cotton canvas, quilting cotton or heavy cotton canvas, available at Spoonflower.

I plan on sewing them up into soft furnishings for the home this fall/winter, and offering them up for sale through my ETSY shop, Lilyoake.
So, stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment