Monday, September 29, 2014

Romance in the Dining Room

Please join me over at  The Pink Pagoda for her fun and fabulous Blue & White Bash, and share in everyone's mutual love for blue & white! And check out all the participants.  Its so much fun to see what everyone is doing with their love of blue.


I worked for Laura Ashley, years ago, when the company still had shops in the US!
I was and still am, heavily influenced by the florals and romantic fabrics I was surrounded with day after day in that wee Seattle shop.

So when I finally bought my own cottage and had a chance to decorate it, I already knew just how I wanted it to look.
Soft blues and whites and romantic florals.
Influenced by Laura Ashley and Swedish Gustavian design!

So, budget allowing, I am working my way through each room.
Right now I am working on the dining room.
I love being able to design my own fabrics and wallpapers via Spoonflower.
My shop name is Lilyoake.

I chose my "Jane's Rose Stripe" for my curtains ( to be paired later with a matching wallpaper called "Jane's Rose Bouquet".)

I took some time out this past weekend to finish sewing the first curtain panel, printed on linen cotton canvas.
I edged it with a matching blue gingham I bought at a fabric shop.  I intend to line them too, with white cotton sheets, so they look more finished from the outside.
But in the mean time, I can get them up, because we need the privacy now that its dark early!



8 comments:

  1. This fabric is BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you so much for linking up to The Bash! I hope to see you back next month : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, really inspiring curtains !

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can I purchase this gorgeous fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi , how can I procure this beautiful beautiful fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! I love Laura Ashley and currently have a blue and white quilt/spread of her's on our bed.

    ReplyDelete