Thursday, September 21, 2017

Starting Where I Left Off

Hello!

Its been so long since I have posted, I am not sure where to even begin. 
I think just starting where I left office best.
I have endured many changes (most for the best) this past year since I last posted.

I have had new experiences and learned a lot from all of them!
From escaping an abusive relationship to dating again, reclaiming my home for myself, participating in new art shows, fairs and embracing the welcoming publicity of 2 magazine articles!

In the spring I decided to try moving renters into my home.
Seattle has become a very expensive place to live.
I felt like I needed to seek help in keeping the day-to-day expenses paid up and instead of finding a second job (once again), I chose to lose some privacy instead of lose my free time.

While my roommates are nice people, they aren't necessarily the types I want to live with, except for one person who has become my very good friend and partner-in-crime.  A young Persian nicknamed Arash.

In the mean time, I decided to stop always playing catch up with finances, while struggling to live as a single, middle-aged artist in Seattle, and instead quit the 40-hour-a-week day job that has become tedious and boring, leave the wet, rainy clime of Seattle and head back east for a fresh start and new things to explore!

My house goes on the market soon - within a few weeks.  I'm very excited about that too!
The past few months have been topsy-turvy as I gently nudge roommates to move on (and out), and begin the repairs and improvements that will make my house more attractive to buyers.
Its been a steep learning curve for me - learning how to re-do countertops, install baseboard, install linoleum and wood floors and of course, stuff I already am good at, like painting everything in sight a refreshing coat of white!  lol

But I decided to just post photos of some of the things I have been doing, creatively, the past year since I last posted.
I have been busy designing, painting, attending shows and just enjoying life in my sweet cottage as  newly single person.

I do hope you rejoin me on my adventures as I close the book on my Seattle chapter in life and begin a new one (probably in historic Virginia).

Enjoy, and thanks for coming back to read up on my updates and see what I have been creating.
:D

Southern Lady featured my work in one of their issues!

They used my "Capetian Toile" in basil green, to make lovely laced-back slip covers for traditional chairs.

These are the very talented gals who sewed the slips!

No comments:

Post a Comment