Thursday, September 21, 2017

Watercolor Flowers

This past spring as the flowers were blooming all around the yard and at flower markets, I decided it was time to break out my watercolors and try my hand at creating a few whimsical watercolor flowers I could use in various fabric designs.

I was in the mood for color, having been influenced by a visit to a Portuguese friend's home where everything is bright, colorful and fresh!

I also love how pinks, tangerine oranges and bright garden greens all mix together.
You cannot help but smile at the combination.

So I set myself up in my favorite spot, at my dining room table in front of a large picture window overlooking some gorgeous lilacs, turned on some romantic music and just began painting.

As you can see I also play dangerously...using old teacups as my water dish has caused me confusion on occasions where I am not sure if I dipped my brush into the right cup, as I also enjoy a cup of tea when I paint!  LOL














No comments:

Post a Comment