Friday, December 7, 2018

Aqua Blue Room

Hello Everyone!

I am continuing my love affair with wallpaper and have stepped it up a notch by choosing a jumbo-sized print for the spare/2nd bedroom in my tiny Virginia cottage.

EMALYN in aqua is my choice - a slightly different blue then the one I usually use but I felt it would work best in the NW room where its not always the brightest.
This aqua blue also reminds me of the glorious summer days spent at the beautiful beaches of Virginia, where I recently moved.
Nothing but wonderful memories to carry me through the winter months!

I splurged and bought the new chaise by Shabby Chic, in pool velvet (a heavenly shade of pale minty green on a soft, low-pile velvet).  But because I am a fur baby mama, I need to be able to wash everything because of cat hair and an occasional barf, so I prefer slipcovering my furniture.
And slips work out so well!!  I can freshen up anything with one washing.

I prefer the linen cotton canvas by Spoonflower because its a pliable, soft canvas that is durable and washes well.  I also love the look of linen and this delivers on all points!
Emalyn will also be the fabric I use for the curtains (also in linen cotton canvas).

I'll coordinate the floral print Emalyn, with a soft aqua and white stripe (MERLE STRIPE).  It will edge the curtains and be the custom piping on the chaise slipcover.
Aqua gingham and an aqua toile on white will also sneak into the room on various accessories.

I will begin the work after the new year - need to get through the holidays first, but the planning is part of the fun!

Any projects planned for January?


Emalyn linen cotton canvas in aqua, Merle Stripe cotton poplin in aqua and Emalyn wallpaper in aqua






1 comment:

  1. All our bed linen is designed and woven by us using the best cotton yarns. We've developed a beautiful range of cotton duvet covers, pillowcases, and sheets, with comfort at the center of everything we do. How your B Bedding Sets feels affects how you sleep, and that's why everything we make, feels as good as it looks. All this at an incredible price? Yes, that's right...our secret awaits you.

    ReplyDelete