Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm thinking "Curtains"






I think the year is upon me to dress up my windows. I have a set of lovely, old cotton Shabby Chic curtains in British Rose in my bedroom and a glorious set of blue/white toile cotton curtains in my family room.

But the library, family room, kitchen, spare bedroom and studio have something make-shift and not-so-attractive covering them and I am tired of it!
I just got the new "Country Curtains" catalog in the mail and am drooling over some of their new patterns.


Do
check them out online - they have well made curtains and I have ordered many times from them and they are great to work with! All the toile curtains and bedding in my house came from them. I especially love the new Apple Blossoms curtains in a linen/cotton mix. The pink is very appealing but my cottage is all blue & white so I sent for a free swatch of the blue version - but that pink keeps calling to me because its so fresh and feminine! I was thinking of using this pattern in the living room where I currently have those inexpensive sheer panels from IKEA on each picture window - not enough privacy!! I need lace panels under the living room curtains so I thought the Balmoral Lace in white would work best.

Country Curtains also sells rods that allow for a double layer of curtains.
For the library, which will have blue/white ticking stripe wallpaper up soon, I thought the Sophia pattern in a soft floral toile on white would work best in there. The room faces south and west to the backyard and gets loads of beautiful sunlight which gives the small room a great feeling so I wanted to keep the curtains light and airy too. I have it all planned, now all I need is my tax refund! But I do feel this is the year to get some decent curtains up on my windows! Its such a large area, it gets noticed immediately so its important to have them look good - right?

2 comments:

  1. I love those pink curtains too! I will have to check them out and take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful! That fabric is great.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete