Friday, June 29, 2012

Day Dreamin'

I love my job, I really do.
And although its not quite what it used to be, I still look forward to going to it every day.
And I am very grateful I still have it!
But some days I just need some down time and today is one of them.
I actually have no days off because I work a second job on the weekends (a graveyard shift) to make ends meet so any time off I have, I have to take a vacation day.

Today I am day dreaming of being in England, at a Jane Austen tea party.
Its a slightly humid but mild day with a mostly overcast sky and the threat of rain; an occasional stray rain drop falls on the face. 
A very slight wind tempers the humidity.
Kinda like the day we are having in Seattle right now!
I LOVE this weather!

Here are some images from an older/1999 Hearst Publication/Victoria Magazine hard cover book titled "The Heart of England". I have tried to collect many of the books associated with Victoria magazine over the years and still pull them out once in a while to be inspired by.
Lately I have been yearning to travel to Great Britain again, inspired by the wonderful trip author/artist Susan Branch took recently - have been reading her blog and pouring over her Twitter pictures nearly every night!
Some day I will get there and when I do, I will go see York and Essex as part of the itinerary because that's where some of my ancestors came from in the mid 1600's.  Great Burstead, Essex and York.
Sit back and enjoy the views of England and enjoy your tea!
I'm having Irish breakfast (I love a hearty tea in the afternoon) with two sugars and some milk.
Served on Spode in the Blue Italian pattern, of course.
;)
 A Jane Austen era dress. I wish I could wear this to tea.
 Tea in the drawing room?  So cheerful and cozy.
 A possible view out the window.  I have a weakness for Elizabethan knotwork gardens.
 Homemade scones with berry jam and clotted cream.....this is what is on my mind today!
 Mmmmm....I'll have one each.
 Which beauty shall I choose?  Got any Spode Blue Room?
 Let's eat here, take a break from the afternoon walk!!
 A pretty thatched cottage with an ocean view...
 As wild and lonely as can be but oh, so pretty and romantic too!
 Old garden plans...fun to look at and see what they envisioned.
 Flowers outside an old country cottage window...
OK, so this is more Victorian era but its a romantic view of a walk on the moors! Reading Bronte?

No comments:

Post a Comment