Monday, April 25, 2016

Pillow Heaven!

What a fun and productive weekend I had!
It was full of music, lilacs, sleeping kitties, Seattle rain and the hum of my sewing machine in my studio as I took full advantage of the last few days to round out my collection of handmade pillows for my up-coming studio tour on Saturday, April 30th and Sunday, May 1st.
I'm one of 11 studios participating in Arts North Studio Tours as studio #2, LilyOake.

I'll have 2 talented guest artists in my dining room as well.  One a pet portraitist in pen and ink and the other a watercolorist.

And I'll be in my small studio with my fabric and wallpaper designs.

One of my favorite things to make with my own fabrics are pillows because they're an easy and inexpensive way to change a room's decor without a huge commitment.  You can add some style and color/pattern to any room by tossing one or two on a sofa or in a chair.

I have found everyone loves the 16" x 26" pillow size - just seems comfortable!  Its the golden rectangle of pillows, I think!
So I made several more this weekend.  Fillers are duck-filled and the backs are thick, soft, white cotton with a simple foldover closure for easy removal to toss in the washer.

I staged these on one of my dining chairs made with my May's Rose pattern on linen cotton canvas, sewn into a slipcover.
And with the clock I've been working on now for 2 months, all completed, I am so excited for the first day of the tour!

Enjoy the images and I'd love to hear from you!  The pillows will end up in my ETSY shop next week, so folks out of town will have a chance to order.
But if you don't see what you want, I have over 600 designs in my Spoonflower shop, LilyOake, where you can either order the fabric yourself or see what I have to offer and commission me to sew up pillows, curtains, table linens, etc., for your home.

I don't know if the clock will sell but if it doesn't, it already has a place in my heart and in my home!
May Day Roses on aqua

May Day Roses on basil stripe

Interior of clock is decoupaged in paper designed by Lilyoake

Hand painted clock in Swedish Gustavian style

Isolde on sorbet pink stripe linen cotton canvas pillow

Saint Elfswythe on sorbet, linen cotton canvas pillow

Elvie in blueberry on eco canvas

Hand painted clock case inspired by 18th C Swedish Gustavian style furniture

Rosewitha on blueberry

Handpainted Swedish Gustavian-inspired clock

Rosewitha on basil stripe

Rosewitha on blueberry stripe

Gold leafed ormolus and trim on Swedish Gustavian-inspired clock case

Isolde on sorbet stripe, linen cotton canvas pillow

Rosewitha on aqua stripe linen cotton canvas pillow

Inside of clock decoupaged with Saint Colette June Roses in blueberry paper

Rosewitha on basil stripe linen cotton canvas

Rosewitha on blueberry stripe linen cotton canvas

Rosewitha on peony stripe linen cotton canvas

LilyOake linen cotton canvas pillows in aqua

Rosewitha Stripes on aqua linen cotton canvas

Linen cotton canvas pillows by LilyOake in both peony and sorbet pinks

Rosewitha on peony stripe

Rosewitha on peony stripe linen cotton canvas

Linen cotton canvas pillows by LilyOake

Rosewitha on blueberry stripe linen cotton canvas


No comments:

Post a Comment